Knowing what you are buying is essential especially when it comes to supplements, and OptiMind is no exception. I have learned that no matter what you read and what someone recommends the best way to make a wise decision is to actually take the time, learn about the product, read reviews, and study the ingredients in depth. Not only do you risk wasting money, but you risk your health as well, so taking that extra few minutes or even an hour or so to do some in depth research could go a long way.
I was recommended OptiMind by a co-worker and thought it looked interested. I have actually reviewed and read into several other similar products but have had very little luck in finding one that I am actually willing to invest in or trust. This one, however, caught my attention.
What is OptiMind?
I was impressed by the official website to say the least. Unlike most websites for similar products there is a LOT of effort put in to making this website as trustworthy as possible. Not only do they go in depth about the product itself, offer a full list of ingredients with descriptions, and supplement facts, but also lots of extra information and a blog that guides you through every detail of the product, what you can expect, and even some great suggestions and hacks.
OptiMind is a powerful nootropic supplement containing a number of great quality and proven ingredients. I have read and heard this plenty of times in the past but thankfully, through their website, I was able to find the full list of ingredients and research each in depth to ensure that their claims are true. The supplement is claimed to improve attention, focus, mood, awareness, and overall cognition. This is because nootropics are known to improve the levels of neurotransmitters in the brain and by providing a blend of amino acids, vitamins, and nutrients through powerful ingredients you get the building blocks to healthy neurotransmitters. You will be able to stay calm and focused when everyone else is ready to give up. The ingredients are safe and essential for healthy brain function.
What is in OptiMind
As mentioned above I was impressed to find not only a list of ingredients with brief descriptions but also links within the descriptions offering additional in depth information for each. To add to this at the bottom of their ingredients page you are also provided with an image of their supplement facts.
Here is a list of the main active ingredients with a brief description:
- Vitamin D-3 â€“ essential for bone health and absorbing minerals such as iron, calcium, zinc, and magnesium which are all important for overall health, focus, and cognition as well as energy, immune function, and cell growth. Low levels of Vitamin D are connected with poor cognitive health and low mood.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid â€“ also known as ALA, this ingredient breaks down carbohydrates which results in more energy. Energy is increased within 3 days and in a few weeks it has the ability to improve memory drastically. Also protects the brain cells from damage from free radicals much like an antioxidant and protects it from heavy minerals which can be toxic.
- Caffeine â€“ a well-known ingredient known to stimulate the central nervous system, restores alertness, and helps eliminate drowsiness temporarily. Donâ€™t worry, the amount of caffeine found in OptiMind is the same amount found in a single cup of coffee but without the side effect of mid-afternoon crash or jitters.
- Huperzine A â€“ this popular nootropic helps boost learning performance and memory retention. It is known to protect cells in the brain from oxidative stress and harmful toxicity. Increases nerve growth factor and acetylcholine all the while helping your brain adapt to new behaviors which means that you will be able to learn a new skill easier and faster.
- Tyrosine â€“ an amino acid produced in the body naturally which is essential to building proteins, hormones, and vital neurotransmitters. By boosting tyrosine you will be more alert, less anxious, and be able to fight fatigue easier. Your mood will improve and you will not burn out as easy as before. Another benefit is that it counteracts the hypersensitive effect of caffeine.
- Taurine â€“ a natural amino acid which protects from oxidative stress and acts like an antioxidant. Improves cognitive impairment, protects brain from numerous toxic substances, and improves performance and endurance of the brain. There are suggestions that it may guard against depressive symptoms, anxiety, and even blood sugar problems.
- Vitamin B-12– is essential for RNA/DNA synthesis, maintaining proper function of the nervous system, and blood foundation. It helps boost breakdown of carbohydrates turning them into energy and helps improve mood, memory, and increase energy. It is also known to improve muscle weakness, vision loss, and fight fatigue.
- Sulbutiamine â€“ is an enhanced Vitamin B-1 which is known to cross the blood to brain barrier allowing for easier absorption. Helps treat B-1 deficiency which is known to dull mental performance and cause fatigue thus, by improving B-1 deficiency with this ingredient you will experience increased energy, better mood, and improved memory. It also helps improve cognitive performance and protects the brain from drug induced amnesia, brain cell infection, and deprivation of oxygen-glucose.
- Vinpocetine â€“ this powerful nootropic increases blood flow to the brain boosting energy and aiding in the repairs of brain cells which have been damaged due to lack of oxygen. Reduces oxidative stress by fighting free radicals and boosts cognition and memory by increasing key neurotransmitters. Also could benefit vision and hearing but mainly used for alertness, memory, and concentration.
- Bacopa Monnieri â€“ increases memory, enhances cognitive performance, and learning rates all the while protecting against oxidative stress, anxiety, and depression.
Two ingredients which they did not get into were:
Honestly, just reading the list of ingredients I am convinced that this supplement is effective. You can read up on them further in the official website as well but I have added links to their corresponding WebMD pages so you can gather more accurate information from an external website.
Very straightforward and open about their terms even on the main homepage of the website. With each purchase option you are automatically enrolled in their membership program and whichever you select you will continue to receive until you call and cancel.
- FREE â€“ Trial Offer â€“ 10 OptiMind Pack to allow you to try their product â€“ 14 Day Trial from date of purchase â€“ call and cancel or be charged full price of $43.31 plus shipping and handling and sent a full monthâ€™s supply â€“ you will continue to receive a new full month supply every 30 days and charged accordingly if you do not cancel.
- 1 Bottle – $43.31 â€“ Free Shipping â€“ Membership Program â€“ will receive a new bottle every month and charged accordingly
- 2 Bottles – $63.65 â€“ Free Shipping â€“ Membership Program â€“ will receive 2 new bottles every month and charged accordingly
They are straightforward, they donâ€™t hide the membership program, and clearly state how much the product is and how long the trial is.
I have ordered my first month supply as I opted to just purchase a full bottle rather than going through a trial. I will add onto my OptiMind review once I have tried it for a full month and give you further insight as to whether it really works.